About Us
About Tally Ho
Letters Home
Contact Us
Vanessa Audio Clips



July  2010

Week One:

The weather has been so so HOT. We have had three days over 100 degrees and no rain. The grass at home is scorched and the ground is cracking.

On Friday we had Gene & Judy (Lo Que Se A) over for cocktails. We hadn't seen them since leaving the Bahamas, so it was great catching up on all their news. We went to Arbutus on Saturday to watch Hannah run in a 10K race. She was the third women over the line, first in her age group!  Later in the afternoon our neighbors, Connie, Ginny & Bob came out for a sail and cruise around the Inner Harbor.

We spent part of the week at home, cleaning!!!! It was too hot to do any yard work and we were thankful to be at home in such extreme weather. The boat keeps cool, (when the ac works) however when you have to be indoors all day there's not much room to move around. Get the picture!!!

Back at the boat now - we had a fun potluck dinner reunion aboard Shearwater with several of the RMHYC members. Then some of us enjoyed breakfast on Lo Que Se A the following morning. After lunch we took the Charm City Circulator to the B & O Railway museum. If it weren't for the heat we'd have really enjoyed it. It was quite interesting. We love the free CCC bus. Thanks Baltimore.



Here comes Hannah.

Connie at the wheel...watch out!

Bob and Ginny relaxing.

Vanessa who's under your dress?

Andrew and the girls, Frani & Shirley.

Sidonia & Fred. Potluck hosts.

Railway museum

Choo, choo!

More choo, choo stuff.

and more! One of the most powerful trains ever built.

Charm CIty Circulator we love you!



Week Two:

The weather has been so very hot. We both went to Philadelphia on and joined Hannah, Bobby and the girls on Saturday to watch Hannah run and bike in her first Duathlon early on Sunday morning. Hannah had a great day winning by several minutes. Short video of the race  Hannah Video .

Vanessa then flew off to visit with her father in England for a week. Andrew stayed on the boat since the house was rented out and Mathew joined him on the boat for 3 days. We went down to Annapolis and went to Cantlers riverside restaurant for crabs but is was so hot we left Annapolis early the next morning and came back to the boat slip in Baltimore to get some Air Conditioning.

Whilst at the dock we decided to visit the "National Dentist Museum" in downtown Baltimore...... Mat and me are now trying to make appointments with a dentist.

Mat left on Thursday and we had a boat showing Friday morning and then Andrew went off to a concert Friday evening. ........ Looking forward to Vanessa coming back.

Hannah racing away.

Transition from running to bike.

First Place

Mat excited by the crabs.

Mat excited by the beer.

Baby jaw showing both sets of teeth.


Week Three:

Vanessa arrived at the boat late on Tuesday after a busy week in England visiting her father and other family members. She enjoyed great weather (most unusual) in Redcar and was not happy to be back in the steamy heat in Baltimore. It's tough living on a boat in such hot and humid conditions. There is no space to do anything inside and it's way too hot to be outside, so we have taken trips out to the shopping mall and the Walter's Art Museum. The museum is well worth the trip, and we rode there on the CCC (Charm City Circulator) free bus. We spent almost a full day there and stopped via the Enoch Pratt Free Library on our way home to pick up some videos. The weather forecast for the next couple of days is sizzling heat (103 degrees and feeling like 108) and we intend to stay indoors and try to keep cool!

We have also added a few current pictures of the Grandchildren Click here.

Redcar beach looking toward Saltburn

Dad's house on Fisherman's Square

Mag, Dad, Frank, Bob & Mary

Walter's Art Museum

Vanessa at the Walters musuem.

Walters Musuem - Ivory Chest - French (Paris)1330-1350

Enlarge and look at the detail




Downtown Baltimore

Week Four:

We joined up with Lyn (Skinwalker) for an evening of "Roller Derby" with girls(big girls) roller skating around an oval bumping into each other. Interesting but perhaps not one for us. Early in the week Hannah brought the two grandchildren down to the boat and we went off the the local pool and park. Mid week we went home and got settled in for the next six weeks until we head south again. Also, Andrew has decided that we need a vacation!! So he has booked a big cruise boat trip up to New England and Canada in Mid September. Something to look forward to.